The Community Childcare Initiative (CCI) offers Portland families and child care providers the opportunity to receive financial assistance for child care. Family and program eligibility requirements apply. Eligible families pay no more than 10-15% of their monthly gross income for child care. The program is funded by the Portland Children’s Levy and administered through Child Care Resource and Referral of Multnomah County and Mt. Hood Community College.
Please call 503 491-6220 for more information.
Qualifying Criteria for Families:
- Family must live within the city limits of Portland. (portlandmaps.com)
- Annual income for children’s family is up to 200% of Federal Poverty Level
- Families must have applied for ERDC to determine CCI eligibility
Family Application and Income Guidelines:
Qualifying Criteria for ECE Programs:
- Must live in Multnomah county and serve families residing in Portland.
- Have current license from the State of Oregon Office of Child Care (OCC)
- Agree to periodic staff visits to discuss a work plan and and ERS observation
- Have achieved a rating of C2Q or above in Oregon’s QRIS/Spark
- Willing to become DHS pre-listed and accept DHS childcare subsidies
- Programs with valid complaints substantiated by OCC will be reviewed to determine eligibility.
- Maintain current liability insurance demonstrating child care coverage